- Break your routine
- Give yourself an opportunity to create space
- Delve into concious rest
- Allow yourself to move with intention rather than react
- Develop your yoga practice
- Cultivate your meditation practice
- Develop the skillset to be mindful
- Grow your resilience
- Learn how to recognise stress in your body and how to restore balance
- Connect with like-minded people
- Be guided in your yoga practice
- Be held by your yoga practice and yoga community and yoga teachers
- Release old energy
- Mentally and physically de-clutter
- Help to ease anxiety
- Opportunity to detox
- Help to heal your body, mind and spirit
- Nourish yourself your heart
I went to my very first yoga retreat in 2017 and loved it so hard!! I was able to rest and meet this beautiful group of people and some of the friends I met I am still in touch with today and have since become solid friends. I went to Mt Glorious, not too far from Brisbane, and have been fortunate enough to head onto retreat as part of yoga teacher training. Yoga teacher training is not as relaxing as a holiday yoga retreat though! Lol. There is study, practice and intense discussion on yoga teacher training! Whereas, if you want a purely relaxing and leisurely yoga retreat, they are definitely available.
I really want to go on a yoga retreat with my Mum! It is the perfect opportunity to spend quality time with people you love, friends, sisters or your spouse or even if you need some time out on your own, I encourage you to do this. 🙂
There are many around and you can choose if you take the day for a yoga retreat or if you want a 3 day retreat or possibly 5 or 7! The choices are endless and completely up to you. Listen to the whispers of your heart and allow yourself to soften in order to expand.
These are my highly recommended yoga retreat providers that I have been on/visited and thoroughly enjoyed:
- Miriam Van Doorn is my senior yoga teacher and holds teacher training as well as relaxing yoga retreats.
- Yoga Retreat Centre in Byron Bay is gorgeous. Check it out.
- Yoga Barn in Ubud is pretty special too. I have been twice and found both times rejuvenating.
Food for thought. Self-care can only be led by you. Here’s to you taking time for yourself to enable you to fill up and show up in the world the way you want to.