I hope so! Nuts have healing properties and are great for mental health. Pop some nuts into your shopping bag next time you are buying groceries.
- Walnuts rank highly for supporting good mental health because they have higher antioxidant activity. This means it is good for brain health plus they help ease depression.
- Almonds also have antioxidant activity like walnuts.
- Peanuts increase serotonin. Serotonin is a chemical which helps to alleviate low moods.
I have stocked up on almonds and almond milk as a lactose free alternative following my panchakarma detox. I love almond milk! Here are some ideas on how you can use almonds and almond milk because they are so supportive to brain health!
- Besan and almond milk pancakes
- Besan flour
- Almond milk
- 2 x eggs
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the ingredients above and pop into a hot fry pan with ghee. Flip once you see bubbles start to appear and heat for a couple of minutes for perfect, golden brown besan and almond milk pancakes!
- Soaked almonds as a snack
- Soak almonds for over 12 hours to remove the skin. Removing the skin helps digestion and nutrient absorption.
- Golden milk
- Almond milk
- Mix the ingredients above and heat in a small saucepan and drink daily for building immunity. I have been having this one hour before bed and feel amazing! I have been having the best sleep.
Let me know how you go with nuts! Love to hear how you are feeling.
Enjoy! Roxy xo